Get new similar jobs by email for
CTO / Head of Software Enginee...
Archer are specialist IT recruiters. We succeed by helping top IT people find top IT positions that match your talent and aspirations.
Talk to Archer about great roles with Ireland's leading IT employers in finance, software, public sector and private enterprise.
CTO / Head of Software Engineering
Collaborating closely with the CEO and board to shape the strategic goals of this exciting
Irish software company that already has a global customer base and excellent suite of products and are now looking to push to the next level in their growth.
You will take control of the entire product development and delivery capability which is currently circa 30 people split into 3 teams. The core elements of the role are: planning and executing technology strategy, leadership of highly technical and competent teams, enhancing the delivery culture, introducing appropriate methodology and structure, growing the teams, customer engagement at pre and post sales stages, continuously seeking advancement and continuous improvement.
There are some great challenges that you will be at the centre of, such as: scaling an engineering team, maintaining quality and efficiency of delivery, technology stack choices, cultural and process enhancement and strategic vision.
Role / opportunity:
• Head of Engineering / CTO / Head of IT for a high growth software company
• Planning and executing a technology strategy which matches the business goal of becoming the global leader in their domain
• Plan, structure and execute the overall IT system architecture for the organisation
• Strong culture of being customer focused and committed to delivery
• Helping to mature and grow the team both through active recruitment and career development of a highly capable engineering team
• Being a catalyst to trigger the progression of the organisation to the next stage
• Having a direct line to both the CEO and the board
• Bringing your managers on a journey of professional advancement
• Full ownership of the technology business unit and driving its global expansion
• Continuously seeking competitive advantage through advancements in technology and process
Skills / experience:
• Experience of a similar role as Head of Engineering / Chief Technology Officer (CTO) or similar
• Proven experience of scaling and managing teams of 30+ software engineers
• Ability to introduce new process and structure and get collective buy-in from your teams
• Strong people management and structured communication
• Proven track record of delivering software on schedule
• Good technical understanding of emerging technologies and ability to innovate and challenge
• Project management, forecasting and planning experience
• EUR 130-150K negotiable
• Negotiable bonus and benefits
For more information, contact Sam Perrin confidentially on 01 649 8512