We are hiring for an ambitious and dedicated Assistant Manager for Our client, a multi-award winning retailer seeking an ambitious, dedicated and experienced Grocery Retail Assistant Manager to join their community based store in Dublin.
As the Assistant Manager, you will be a crucial part of the team being responsible for all aspects of the Store in the absence of the Store Manager along with achieving KPI’s as agreed with the Operations Manager.
A successful candidate would have a minimum 2 year’s management in grocery retail, either as an assistant manager, duty manager or trainee manager.
Requirements of the Assistant Manager Job:
- Must come with strong man management experience.
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Highly driven with a strong work ethic.
- A proven track record in meeting KPI’s and targets.
- A passion for grocery retail
- Ambitious, with a commercial edge to drive the business forward
- A people person with excellent communication skills
- Key holder experience is essential
Responsibilities of the Assistant Manager Job:
- Achieve sales targets as agreed with Store Manager.
- Achieve a Gross Profit margin and Net margin as agreed with Store Manager.
- Meet overhead targets as per Annual Budget.
- Ensure merchandising and presentation of entire store is of the highest standard always.
- Control Stocktaking procedures.
- Ensure Customer Care Service in the entire store is of the highest standard.
- Have a good working relationship with all staff and with local community.
- Take part in regular communication meetings with management and staff and hold these meetings in the absence of the store manager.
- Working with the Store Manager to develop members of staff through the use of Appraisals, Training and Development Promotion etc.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of all legislation as it pertains to this store, in particular, Health and Safety Regulations, Employment Legislation etc.
- Managing and co-ordinating in-store and national promotions.
- Implement all information that relates to your store which helps to gain efficiencies in operation i.e. reports/ scanning info etc.
We would love to hear from candidates who have experience with the Musgraves gold system.