RehabCare is the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. Our aim is to enhance the lives of all of our clients through the provision of high quality, flexible, person centred services. Services range from resource centre activities to support provided to individuals within their own homes. Those who use our services include people with disabilities and their families, children and older people.
Staff will be required to participate as part of a team of experienced people who will share our philosophy and goals to provide supportive and caring services for service users and their families. A comprehensive training programme will be provided to all staff.
Applications are now invited for the following position:
30 hours per week – Permanent Contract – Req No 3569
Location: Drombanna, Limerick
Reporting to the Residential Services Manager through the team leader, the successful candidate to this position will have responsibility for the provision of both a personal care and support service to clients. The person appointed will also facilitate the overall provision of a client-focused service where independent living and community integration are key elements. A rotational shift system will operate within the unit and sleep-over responsibilities and night duty will apply.
Candidates should have:
- Health and Social Care experience, preferably working with persons on the Autism Spectrum is desirable.
- A Social Care qualification is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to ensure the dignity, privacy and choice of the service user are met with sensitivity and respect at all times is also necessary.
- A clear understanding of the philosophy of independent living and community integration will be required to be demonstrated
- Good IT skills along with reporting skills and experience of same.
- Candidates must hold a full clean driving licence.
A PANEL WILL BE CREATED AS A RESULT OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS: ALL CANDIDATES WILL REMAIN ON THE PANEL FOR A SIX-MONTH PERIOD.
Closing date: 23rd of January 2017
Please note that Interview will be scheduled for week commencing Monday 6th of February 2017.
To apply please visit www.rehab.ie
Job Title: Careworker
Reporting To: Residential Service Manager
Purpose of the Position
To provide a personal care service and facilitate a client focused service to people with Autism Spectrum Disorder, within a Residential Service setting, promoting their independence at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To facilitate and implement a Person Centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes, and requirements of the clients.
- To provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, adhering to safe practice at all times.
- To carry out any duties necessary to ensure the comfort and hygiene of clients.
- Actively participate in appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programmes within the Centre and in the community ensuring best practice in line with up to date research regarding Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Assist clients in the selection of their meal menu, in the cooking of their meal and eating, promoting personal choice at all times.
- To provide personal assistance in facilitating and enabling clients to integrate with the local community and access local resources.
- To assist clients in the taking of their medication and record same.
- To ensure all interactions with clients are approached with dignity, respect, equality, and incorporating choice.
- Assist with the catering, cleaning and general domestic duties within the Centre.
- To ensure the safe transportation of clients when using transport, by adhering to the use of all safety equipment, as appropriate.
- To assist with ensuring that a quality service is provided at all times, and assist with monitoring and implementing process.
- To document information and complete paperwork as deemed necessary and for accountability purposes.
- To enshrine the concept of independent living.
To comply with health and safety legislation and ensure the safe use and regular maintenance of all aids and appliances used within the Centre.
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices.
- To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Attendance at training as deemed appropriate by the management of the service.
- To promote and be actively involved in teamwork at all times.
- To participate in creating a nurturing and supportive environment for service users.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and other personnel as directed by the Centre Manager.
- Any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by the Centre Manager.
PERSON SPECIFICATION –CAREWORKER
- Professional & Educational Qualifications
- A third level graduate, Health & Social Care or equivalent is desirable
Knowledge & Work Experience
- Experience of working in a Residential Setting
- Experience of providing appropriate supports to service users with relevant disability.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- Experience of facilitating and implementing a person centred plan.
- Experience of supporting individuals with all aspects of behaviour management and support through positive behaviour support
- Experience of maintaining a focus on Health, Safety, Hygiene and good housekeeping guidelines in a service setting and ensuring best practice
- Experience of maintaining relationships with stakeholders in the provision of health & social care services.
- Experience in the support of independent living skills and community integration for persons with relevant disability.
- Experience in the provision of personal assistance in all aspects of personal care.
Special Aptitudes / Competencies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, logistical skills
- Ability to manage behaviours that challenge
- Track record of liaising with service users and their families (where applicable) to ensure best quality of care
- A champion of Person Centred Planning and Individual Action Plans
- A specific interest in services, activities and programmes to cater for the needs of persons with an intellectual disability and/or a dual diagnosis and behaviours that challenge
- Ability to maintain networks within the local communities
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with internal colleagues and external agencies
- Strong IT and report writing skills
- Maintain quality management system
- Highly motivated self starter
- Team orientated
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Interest in continuous improvement
- Energy & Enthusiasm
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Effective listening skills
- Work on own initiative
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Flexible with regard to working hours in order to meet the operational needs of the service
- Participate in RehabCare training programme
- This job profile is the subject of ongoing review.
Rehab Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click Here To Apply