Job Title: HRManager (Maternity leave cover)
Reports to: Finance Director
Contract Type: Specific Purpose (Maternity leave cover)
To develop and deliver people management strategies which support the Company's overall strategic aims and objectives. The HR Manager will be expected to contribute at both a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support business aims. TheHR Manager will provide expert professional advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of people management which reflects the Company's desire to be an employer of choice in their market sector.
Working with approximately 350 staff over two sites the HR Manager will be expected to provide guidance and support to all staff on the full range of HR activities including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, recruitment, retention, performance management, employee relations, learning and development and internal communications.
- to create organisational and people capability within the Company
- to establish both short and longer term resource and talent management planning
- to use business insights to drive change in people management practices
- to bring best practice in all aspects of HR to the Company through ongoing awareness of good people management practices internally and externally
- to operate, continuously monitor, make recommendations on and review the key HR metrics established as part of the HR Strategy
Responsibilities / Objectives:
- Work with the management team to develop required role profiles and employee specifications to underpin a robust recruitment process.
- Using the most appropriate sources, access a range of candidates who match the requirements of the role.
- Participate in and manage the recruitment process continuously reviewing the process and adjusting as required.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors involved in the recruitment process are adequately trained.
- Ensure that all staff joining the Company are professionally inducted and that the content and process of induction is regularly reviewed.
- Maintain staff turnover figures and make recommendations as to how HR Policy and Procedures can impact on reducing the cost of turnover.
- Manage and timetable the Company Performance Management Process taking responsibility for the performance management cycle ensuring all employees have clearly defined roles and that management in particular are stretched with SMART objectives, regular reviews, and an individual Personal Development Plan is established for all staff.
- Provide support to Managers and Supervisors in carrying out the process to ensure the Company maximises the benefits and there is visible consistency of the application of the process within the Company.
- Use the data from the performance management process and the future strategic aims of the business to create a management development approach that underpins a succession plan to meet long term human capital requirements.
- Continuously review and prioritise training needs for all levels of staff within the company.
- Annually as part of the Company Planning Process produce a Training and Development Plan with a budget that supports the company’s strategic plan and to implement that plan on time, to budget and to an agreed quality standard.
- Establish a process for measuring the effectiveness of training and development initiatives and regularly report findings.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the Company structure by ensuring that roles are comprehensively defined, that the implications of change are understood and communicated and any HR implications are understood.
- To prepare and implement a comprehensive set of HR innovative policies and procedures which are aligned to the strategic plan ensuring that these are appropriate to the needs of the business.
- Develop a remuneration policy that will motivate existing employees and ensure the company is attractive to new employees.
- Continuously liaise with Finance to deliver the efficient operation of payroll for both hourly paid and salaried employees and ensure that all legal and legislative requirements are met.
- Provide help and support to line management and supervisors in the utilisation of the grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure that all employee contracts and staff handbook are maintained in line with current legislation.
- To develop a Company employee engagement strategy focusing on communication and motivation.
- To continuously review a comprehensive set of competency skills and behaviours that support the business, culture and values which may be appropriately cascaded through all levels of management essentially driving performance standards to achieve a high performance culture.
- To compile and provide statistical information making best usage of the company’s IT systems on areas around recruitment, labour turnover, stability, sickness etc.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a broadly based HR role
- Professional qualification at 3rd level
- Membership CIPD
- Ability to take initiative and drive the HR agenda
- Confident to work with senior management team
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Up to date knowledge of current employment law
- Experience in a learning and development / talent management role