Get new similar jobs by email for
ICT Business Applications Lead
· IWA Senior Management Team and local management
· ICT Team
· IWA business users
· External vendors and contractors supporting the implementation key ICT initiatives
· Work with IWA business managers as business analyst in documenting requirements for the implementation of new software initiatives and planning new release cycles of enhancements to existing applications.
· Manage planning and delivery of technical work by external vendors and internal IWA ICT team implementation resources as well as assisting with the selection, design, development, testing and rollout of appropriate software solutions to meet identified business requirements.
· Initial configuration and setup of new software solutions including data migration.
· Ongoing monitoring of application usage patterns, data outputs and analysis/reporting to IWA management on business impacts/ return on investment from completed ICT projects.
· Project planning activities with local IWA managers and vendors in relation to go-live of new initiatives including creation of user training resources and delivery of training to end users.
· Compliance monitoring and governance activities to ensure data protection and security best practice.
· Working with IWA managers to scope and deliver business intelligence solutions on suitable platforms.
· Regular review of data and outputs from IWA business systems to validate data quality and consistency.
· Implementation of ongoing process initiatives aimed at improving data quality and process efficiency across all of IWA data applications.
· To assist with any other responsibilities or tasks as determined by the Head of ICT & Procurement, and ICT Infrastructure & Systems Manager or his/her nominee.
· A relevant ICT management qualification or software/ database certification - either a relevant professional (Microsoft MCSD) certifications or a more general ICT qualification at QQI Level 7 or above is required
· 3-5 years track record in the successful delivery of software based business transformation projects in large corporate setting and subsequent measurement of business impacts is essential
· Substantial experience of business requirements gathering working with business users and vendors
· Essential to have previous experience in software or new business application delivery including platform selection, acceptance testing and release planning. A familiarity with unit testing would be advantageous.
· Desirable but not essential to also have experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Share-point and PowerBI
· Previous participation in new large scale business application implementations as a business analyst, project manager or software developer would be advantageous
· Detailed exposure to business requirements gathering in a software or process improvement setting
· Provision of Level 2/3 user support explaining software processes and concepts to non-technical users in a clear, supportive and engaging way
· Strong IT skills and technical experience including current knowledge of ICT marketplace and emerging trends.
· Highly numerate individual with a strong background in manipulating complex data using enterprise level reporting/analysis tools such as PowerBI, SQL, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel
· Strong project management and organizational skills- a formal qualification such as PMI, Prince or ITIL and/or a background in Agile development would be advantageous.
· Ability to develop and deliver training content, including online video and text based documents.
· Excellent written and verbal communications including the ability to foster and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, vendors and stakeholders.
· Strong customer/stakeholder orientation and a high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
· Attention to detail and a focus on ‘getting it right first time’.
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to work to work as part of a team and independently on own initiative while balancing an ambitious suite of projects across multiple business units with overlapping deadlines/ activities.
· Be of good character
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and is not intended to be either restrictive or definitive and may be subject to periodic review.