Rehab Recycling provides a range of country-wide recycling services, including Glass, Paper and Electrical Recycling. Rehab Recycle Cork, is one of Irelands premier recycling plants – providing systems for handling and recycling paper, cardboard and cans in line with the Department of Environment Waste Management requirements. Applications are invited for the following position:
Post: Plant Supervisor - 39hrs per week – Permanent Contract – Ref No: 3918
Location: Rehab Recycle, Cork
The successful candidate will Support and assist the Recycling Management Team in the development and expansion of the Rehab Enterprises Asset Reuse and Waste Electrical Recycling business – helping plan and implement operations to enable the facility to organise it’s traffic management and waste handling to such a level that it is a safe environment at all times.
This is a challenging position requiring excellent organisational skills, as well as enthusiasm and initiative. The ideal candidate will be flexible and enthusiastic with previous experience of working within a busy plant environment, they will be required to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an existing team in shaping the future development of a successful and multi-faceted commercial enterprise.
Closing date for applications is the 18th January 2017
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunities employer
Job Title: Supervisor, Cork
Reporting To: Facility Manager
Purpose of the Position
The Supervisor will support and assist the Recycling Management Team in the development and expansion of the Rehab Enterprises Asset Reuse and Waste Electrical Recycling business – helping plan and implement operations to enable the Tallaght facility to organise its traffic management and waste handling to such a level that it is a safe environment at all times and there is no build up of waste or waste vehicles on-site.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Adherence to all legislative requirements both national and international especially in regard to health and safety and waste legislation.
- Development of a supervision management plan and implementation of the plan, including site layout and positioning of equipment
- Ensuring all collections / deliveries are carried out within agreed timeframes.
- Efficient management of personnel, containers and vehicles for waste logistics operations.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, hauliers and outlets
- Forklift driving – loading and unloading of waste vehicles
- Ensure the safe management and storage of waste receptacles and equipment.
- Safe operation of equipment necessary to carry out duties
- Identification of Hazardous materials and items, packaging and segregation, organization of collection by hazardous waste specialist.
- Efficient management and production of documentation and reports.
- Organise and sign-off training for staff. Manage the efficient operation of the department in conjunction with second Supervisor and ensure efficient and effective employee relationships and communications.
- Ensure general cleaning duties in operations area of the plant are carried out at appropriate times.
- Set targets for staff to ensure company objectives are met
- Ensure data entry to IT systems is timely and accurate and all paperwork associated with the function is handled effectively and according to SOP’s.
- Optimise profitability and identify means of reducing costs to improve profitability.
- Ensure effective communication with the Recycling management team on defined areas of responsibility, operations and reporting on KPI’s
- To observe and adhere to all policies and procedures of Rehab Enterprises
- To attend training and development programmes as appropriate.
- To represent the Rehab Enterprises in the most professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to the Code of Good Employment Practice and the Rehab ethos.
- Adhere to safe working practices and contribute to the creation and maintenance of a healthy, safe working environment.
- Any other duties related to the above that might be required from time to time.
- Previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing / production environment
- The ability to perform routine maintenance / servicing of equipment involved
- Fluent (written & spoken) English
- High level of computer skills
- Experience of working with large operating machinery
- Previous experience of working in the field of disability or experience of working with marginalised groups is desirable but not essential
Click Here To Apply