This is an excellent opportunity to join a hugely respected Multinational. Dublin based.
As a Unix Engineering Consultant you will be responsible for delivering Engineering support, following strategic in Enterprise Unix Servers and ensuring its integration into other key areas, (e.g. VMware/Database/Storage/Automation). This may require some cross over into the Unix Operations team to ensure day to day operations are functioning to best practices.
This is a key role requiring a broad range of technical knowledge specialising preferably in RHEL but including, either AIX or Solaris.
You are a Linux expert who thrives in dynamic environments and won't feel satisfied unless you are challenged with new problems on a daily basis. You will be dedicated to technology and providing robust engineering solutions. You will build infrastructure, keep products stable, and maintain applications resulting in 100% uptime.
- Engineering new Linux-based solutions
- Structured and methodical in problem solving
- Technical awareness of future products, concepts and standards
- Desire to take on responsibility and lead by example and mentor other Unix team members.
- Experience in a Linux systems engineering support capacity
- Very strong system administration skills in RHEL and either Solaris or AIX
- Knowledge of ESX virtual technologies for Linux hosting
- Experience of working in a DevOps enterprise environment
- Exposure to Windows but exceptional hands on Linux, RedHat and UNIX skills
- Working knowledge of Apache, Tomcat or JBOSS web servers, Java environments and build tools
- Experience of Puppet or Chef automation, including configuration, set up, ongoing support and driving future strategy
- Management of large (over 1000 server) heterogeneous estates using tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Strong scripting abilities, including Shell, Perl, PHP, Ruby and YAML
- Creation or maintenance of build servers
- Veritas experience covering Volume Manager and Cluster Server
- Ability to build and configure the following core supporting technologies: NIS, NTP, NFS and LDAP
- System performance reporting and diagnosis
- Ability to identify tasks which should be automated and then create tools to automate them
- Solid work experience, including with Linux systems requiring the use of the following languages
- C and C++
- Perl, Shell or PHP
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.