The Project Manager should be degree qualified with a minimum of 10 years’ experience at project management level. The Project Manger must have a strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with the whole financial and programme planning elements of the project. He / She must possess excellent interpersonal skills with good site based knowledge and experience on a broad range of projects in the construction sector. The role will require a proven track record involving planning and co-ordination of sub-contractors / supply chain coupled with good people management skills.
- The Project Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with Director. He/She must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning.
- Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables.
- Must function effectively as liaison between the company and external Client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual, and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work.
- Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards.
- Manage day to day operational duties.
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- Provide feedback and record information from the project for ‘lessons learnt seminars’ and for continuous staff development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- An Engineering / Construction Management / Project Management Degree required or where appropriate relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years residential / commercial / mixed development construction experience, preferably in a Main Contractor entity.
- Minimum 10 years management experience required - preferably at Senior Level.
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Powerproject etc.
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact BSS on 01 707 1012 today
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland’s leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction and industrial sectors as well as temporary and permanent recruitment solutions for a variety of industries, providing qualified staff for short-term & permanent placements. BSS have a proven expertise in Construction, Industrial, Financial Services, Accountancy & Finance, Administrative Support and Sales & Marketing working with some of the largest companies and organisations in Ireland and the UK.